Join our award-winning Binghamton, New York Architectural and Design firm. With generous benefits, competitive salary, room for growth, and a positive work environment, you’ll want to join our team.
The full-time position of Project Manager is a key element to the overall success of Chianis + Anderson Architects. The individual who has earned this position within the firm is typically a licensed architect, or non-registered graduate with more than ten (10) years of architectural experience and has had project management responsibility, including client contact, scheduling, budgeting, and construction document production.
Educational and Professional Requirements
This position within our firm requires the individual to have:
- A minimum of five – ten (5-10) years’ experience within the field of architecture
- A two-year associates degree, a four or a five-year baccalaureate degree, or a master’s degree in the field of architecture, or related industry
- If not a licensed Architect, the individual must be pursuing (or willing to pursue) a professional licensure in the field of architecture
Duties of the Position
The Project Manager is typically involved with projects from the initial inception, through the various design phases, the subsequent construction process, and ultimately Owner occupancy. In addition to required project design work, the Project Manager is also responsible for management of the Designers and Consultants assigned to the project. They are responsible for the fiscal aspects of the project, the overall project schedule, and meeting the required deadlines.
More specifically, the Project Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Daily client contact, coordination, and communication
- Specification writing and project manual development
- Work closely with a Partner to develop cost proposals for professional services
- Developing and managing the project budget and schedule
- Maintaining project records, including both written and oral (telephone and/or meeting) communication. This shall be done for both internal and external archival purposes and proper documentation
- Be constantly aware of any potential marketing opportunities for the firm
- Serve as a role model by behaving in a professional manner and encourage the designers on staff to participate in professional organizations, volunteer and community service-oriented work, and other related activities that will promote and expand their individual career
- Identify and properly manage the overall project team, consultants, and internal design team
Skills and Attributes of the Position
The position of Project Manager requires the following minimum skills:
- Extensive experience with the use of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop package
- Proficiency in other software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, and the specification writing software program Spec link
- A well-rounded understanding of the various codes, rules and regulations that are applicable to residential, commercial, and healthcare projects and the ability to research this applicability of those requirements to specific projects
- Ability to research various building products and develop the proper means and methods of construction for a given project
- A complete understanding of the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) format and project manual organization and development
- A working knowledge of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) forms, contracts and agreements applicable to commercial and residential projects
- The ability to develop a construction budget and cost estimate for a given project
- The ability to be well organized and have the necessary skills to comply with the office standards for documentation archiving
- Be a confident public speaker and present themselves in a professional manner
- Possess a general desire to complete projects on time and within budget regardless of the effort required
Compensation and Benefits
The position of Project Manager is a salaried position.
Our generous benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Generous 401K Match
- Life Insurance
- Financial bonuses based upon productivity and effort.
- Use of a company paid smart phone
- Use of a company paid tablet for drawing review, note taking, reference, and email
- Paid Parking
We are searching for a motivated individual to join our growing design team. The core responsibility of this full-time position is to perform architectural documentation services in a positive, fast paced architectural office environment. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The successful candidate for this position must possess good technical skills, be proficient in in the use of AutoCAD, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, and demonstrate a responsive and proactive approach to everyday work tasks. The day to day responsibilities of this position and types of projects assigned will vary in this exciting fast paced professional environment.
This Architectural Designer position serves as a key element to day to day document production at Chianis + Anderson Architects. The individual in this position will work closely with one of the firms Project Managers and or Partners to develop high quality, accurate, graphically appealing and timely construction documents and related project materials for a variety of project types. In addition to the drafting work, this individual will occasionally be required to field measure existing buildings along with other out of the office tasks.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
Minimum of two-year college degree in an architectural related field. Two years of practical work experience in the field of architecture or related profession is preferred. Previous architectural office experience a plus.
Technical Skills and Attributes:
The following are some of the major skills required of the candidate:
- Must have good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- General computer software proficiency
- General knowledge of building construction materials and methods
- Knowledge of construction documentation and drawings
- Sensitivity to project budgeting and time constraints
- Organizationally excellent
- Consistently reviews and checks own work for quality control
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Willingly accepts direction and other duties as assigned
- Commitment to excellence
- Professional appearance at all times
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation