Join our award-winning Binghamton, New York Architectural and Design firm. With generous benefits, competitive salary, room for growth, and a positive work environment, you’ll want to join our team.
We are searching for a motivated individual to join our growing design team. The core responsibility of this full-time position is to perform architectural documentation services in a positive, fast paced architectural office environment. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The successful candidate for this position must possess good technical skills, be proficient in in the use of AutoCAD, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, and demonstrate a responsive and proactive approach to everyday work tasks. The day to day responsibilities of this position and types of projects assigned will vary in this exciting fast paced professional environment.
This Architectural Designer position serves as a key element to day to day document production at Chianis + Anderson Architects. The individual in this position will work closely with one of the firms Project Managers and or Partners to develop high quality, accurate, graphically appealing and timely construction documents and related project materials for a variety of project types. In addition to the drafting work, this individual will occasionally be required to field measure existing buildings along with other out of the office tasks.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
Minimum of two-year college degree in an architectural related field. Two years of practical work experience in the field of architecture or related profession is preferred. Previous architectural office experience a plus.
Technical Skills and Attributes:
The following are some of the major skills required of the candidate:
- Must have good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- General computer software proficiency
- General knowledge of building construction materials and methods
- Knowledge of construction documentation and drawings
- Sensitivity to project budgeting and time constraints
- Organizationally excellent
- Consistently reviews and checks own work for quality control
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Willingly accepts direction and other duties as assigned
- Commitment to excellence
- Professional appearance at all times
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation